Get What You Need From Registrar Office
The Registrar’s office supports the Divisions and Departments as they carry out the core functions of training, research and consultancy.
• It is a client centered service oriented unit, performing duties for students, Governing Council and staff in meeting their needs while being consistent with the goals of the Institute.
• The office compiles information on the Institute’s academic requirements, course offerings, and registration procedures. As custodians of this information, prospective and current students can then find this information through the Registrar’s office.
• The inflow of Applications from potential students seeking entry to the Institute is overseen by this office. We are responsible for verifying results about each prospective student with his former school and/or Examinations Council of Zambia. We evaluate this information against NIPA's requirements to determine whether the Institute will accept him/her.
• We ensure maintenance of accurate student academic records, and preservation of the confidentiality, security and ethical handling of those records.
• We ensure maintenance of records of each student's grades to form transcripts. At the end of each academic semester, we evaluate all transcripts to compile a list of students who are eligible to graduate. For students continuing their education, we provide them with official transcripts.
• We play an advisory role on changes in academic policy and recommend these changes to the Governing Council.
• We ensure Implementation of academic policy guidelines as determined by the Governing Council.
• We also ensure that we have a cadre of experienced men and women with several years of training, research, and consultancy experience. The Institute has 40 full time professional staff and has Associate Consultants who assist in training whenever we need an extra hand.
We make the most of the Institute's resources by Strategic Enrolment Management. This entails that we enroll students who are better qualified and only the numbers we can manage well in terms of the Lecturer:Student Ratio, while ensuring that there is the best use of space and equipment for all the NIPA programmes.
For those who don’t have the required credits or better, we do provide bridging certificate courses which attract exemptions at the Diploma level.
The latest HR updates
Our staff undertake various aspects of the Institution’s academic administration, including providing information to prospective students at NIPA, overseeing educational policy, organizing examinations and maintaining student records. The Division comprises over 10 members of staff in total. Some are located in the central administrative offices, whilst others are assigned to particular academic Divisions, campuses and departments.
The principal duty of staff in the Academic Secretary’s Office is provide support to the General Board of the Divisions - the institution body responsible for maintaining the excellence of its teaching and research - and its committees. The Institution has many opportunities for human resources or employee development, both within and outside of the workplace.
The Administration Division deals with the Human Resource Development (HRD) for helping employees develop their personal and organizational skills, knowledge, and abilities. Human Resource Development includes such opportunities as employee training, employee career development, performance management and development, coaching, mentoring, succession planning, key employee identification, and organization development.
The focus of all aspects of Human Resource Development is on developing the most superior workforce so that the institution and individual employees can accomplish their work goals in service to customers.