The National Institute of Public Administration Information Technology is the central IT Department for the National Institute of Public Administration, providing critical technology support to all campuses, The other institutional departments and divisions collaborate with information and technology department so as to advance teaching, learning, innovation and discovery at the National Institute of Public Administration.
The Information & Technology department responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning, oversight and direction of the institute's IT infrastructure, resources and services.
- Consulting with academic, clinical and administrative units to evaluate their IT requirements, capabilities and requests
- Managing the Institution's central IT infrastructure and services, including academic and collaborative applications, accessible technology, administrative systems and information management, classroom technology, computing infrastructure, customer service, data centers, information security and privacy, IT services and strategic sourcing, networking, technology business continuity and telecommunications.
- Oversight and management of the HR/Payroll Modernization program, which has been recognized as the institution’s highest administrative priority. The ICT department a central role in all the ICT programs at the Institution.
- Working with the Executive Director, Management and appropriate governance committees to determine IT strategies, policies, priorities and resource allocations
- Representing the National Institute of Public Administration IT interests at the state, national and international levels